2012 Race Schedule

  • 2012/06/24 (Sun) - Ironman Coeur d'Alene 140.6
  • 2012/04/22 (Sun) - Ironman 70.3 New Orleans
  • 2012/02/18 (Sat) - 10 Mile Snowman Stampede Run (Done)

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

~~ A Poetic Recap of Swimming in the Pond ~~



Traffic was thick, dark clouds, they were looming...
...I feared the bright lightening and loud thunder booming!

But just as I parked in the lot at the pond...
...the sun came right out, the clouds, they were gone!


I suited right up, in black neoprene...
...swim goggles, bright cap, so I could be seen!

I scanned the whole shore... I looked up and down!
Where is the ~DM~??? No where to be found!!!


I entered the water, unsure of my distance...
...Orlinda was there and offered assistance!

"Let's swim all the way, I'll lead and you trail"
I quickly agreed, that's not a hard sale!


So off we went, heading to the sand bar...
...still scanning for gold, I looked near and far!

I saw "Brownie's family" and then went my thoughts...
...mid pond I could swear that I felt huge rain drops!


My body it strickened.... anxiety and fear!
"Keep swimming Carla, the shore is so near!"

Stroke after stroke, I tried not to fight...
Orlinda's bright cap I could no longer sight!


A large group of swimmers, they gathered near land...
...I finally arrived and stood there in the sand...

I scaned the whole lake looking for ~The DM~...
...and up popped a face, Oh My God, it was him!!!


He lifted his goggled, and smiled ear to ear!!!
"How is everyone? It's my second time here!"

I relaxed the first time that day on the lake...
His presence, it comforts... make no mistake!


So off we all went, headed toward the tall trees...
...I saw Brownie's family swim close to my knees!

More settled now, I found a nice pace...
My stroke it was smooth, and now I could race!


The shore, it came quickly! What a great swim!
And how awesome it was to see ~The DM!~

0 comments: